Thursday 18 October 2018

Term 4 - Immersion Assembly


Another fresh start and another term. Welcome back to Term 4! Yep, you heard it, it’s Term 4 man time goes by fast. It will be the last Year for all of the Yr’8’ like me!. I’m gonna really miss Pt England when I leave I’ll miss every single bit of it. And I’m glad that before I leave I was shown an amazing Term 4 start Immersion assembly this morning. I always wonder?, Why do our teachers but an Immersion assembly every time its a new term. And then I think again? They do it for Us!. For there students and to be honest I I love the Immersion assemblies. Let me explain to you in the next 4 paragraphs why we love having immersion assemblies.


 Being excited - eager to learn!  That’s us - that’s what the immersion, assembly today has us feeling. Some student hate!, coming back to school and I know the feeling too!. But here at Point England School, our teacher make learning fun for us. Each Teacher from each Team will perform a show that relates to this term theme which is art!. It starts From Team 1 up to Team 5. Each Teacher performed an amazing art show, it was funny, loud, crazy, wacky, creative, loud, amazing and interesting performance every single one of them. When they performed the show it just made me want to learn more and know that you can learn but learning can be fun.



The second thing is Immersion assemblies just tell you that you can have fun even at school.
When teacher perform at our Immersion assembly they always spice it up, they always put competition and head to head games, They also make movies for us to enjoy watching. In some movies, they always have that one awkward teacher which makes us laugh because he makes the movie funny. The teacher would put on wacky costumes and do crazy random moves while saying jumbled up words and pretend to fall or be scared.



And last but not least. They want us to understand learning.
Our teacher love us it’s true!. So they want us to understand to learn more so we can have a better future a better life. If we learn nothing we would get nowhere in life. Like how to count the money we need to learn math so that we can count money and pay the bill, and reading how will you drive if you can’t read the sign on the highway or on the road if you don’t know how to read. Also writing is an important for example your all the way on the other side of the world and want to write your family a letter but you don’t know how to write because you never learned or your writing a story or have to write your name but you don't know how to write. Learning is important for us kids and learning can also lead us to what we want to be in our future.


I loved seeing our teacher perform at our Immersion assembly today. Out of all the performance, my favorite one was Team 5, they told us about art is fun and learning will make it even funnier. Mrs. IIaoa was really funny because she was like the cool kid in the class and Mr. Wiseman the art teacher was asking their names. Although when they told him their names he didn't quite get their names right. Which was quite funny


There you have it - 4 reasons as to why we love having immersion assemblies to kick off every term of learning at Pt England School. Maybe you could use my explanation to help you set up something similar in your learning community.




No comments:

Post a Comment