Saturday 23 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey: Day #3 - All in the family

Hello again bloggers, well its another hot days isn't. ,#3 of Summer Learning Journey, blogging is so much fun, which I love to DO!. I have more activity to do in fact here is one I just finished.....

Activity #1

* The More, the Merrier?!😊

In the 1800s, most families were pretty big. In fact, many parents had an average of seven to nine children.  Imagine that you were a child in the 1800s and you had nine siblings. Wow, what a large family indeed!!


Imagine that I was a child in the 1800s and I had nine siblings, How would I feel?, how would you feel. Will I enjoy being a member of such a a large family, Why or why not?


I would feel really happy having nine siblings my family, I would really enjoy being part of a large family, because I like having other siblings to play with, or I prefer to say keep me company. If I get into trouble my siblings will get me out of it, and their always help me out, well look out for each other. I love making memories with them. Being part of a large family is a lot of work. But the thing about large family is that their always their for you, anyways in hard times their be enough love their to *carry you on (*Never letting you give up)


In fact here is a collage photo of me and my family😀:

My Blessed Family!💖

My lovely mother had made a collage of me and my family on our computer, I'll explain my family.


Top left - you will see my Brother-in-Law and my My oldest sister!


Middle left - their is my gorgeous niece standing next to her brother my nephew.


Bottom left - their is my loving, fearsome and beautiful mother standing next to my 2nd oldest sister


Top right - their is my 2 blessed sisters.


Middle right - their is my loving mother, brave some dad and my 2nd oldest sister


Bottom right - There is ME! and my beautiful mother again.


And in the middle is my niece and my nephews which are my 1st oldest sister kids. All having MacDonald's😂😂😂😂

That's my family!!


Activity #2

*Acknowledging Ancestry🤔


All of us are members of a family. Some of us have large families and some of us have very small families. When I have the opportunity to talk about my family and my ancestry I sometimes choose to use a pepeha. It is a very special way of identifying who I am and where I come from. There are many different versions of pepeha but most provide people with information about who I am and where I come from (i.e. your whakapapa).
90668006.jpgThis involves information about my river my mountain even about my founding ancestry and my tribe as well! here is my pepeha that I have finished.....

Maori:                                      
Ko Mt Wellington te maunga   
Ko Waikato River te awa         
Ko Nofoilo te waka
Ko Polo Family tōku tīpuna
Ko No tōku iwi         
Ko Toa Samoa tōku hapu
Ko Tamakie P.I.C marae
Ko Samoa ahau
Ko Toria rāua ko Prichard ōku mātua  
Ko Leilani tōku ingoa.

Activity #3
*Fun family facts

Everyone’s family is unique. What makes your family special I know what makes my family special they laughter and personality. Today I going to ask three people from my family aka Interviewing them, about there two favourite things to do in the Summer. Here is what I got:

So today I will be interviewing: My mum, My Sister and my Brother

My Mum: Well let me think, umm the things I like to do in the summer is go out for a swim and 2nd is make family collage's on my Laptop.

My 2nd Oldest Sister: So what I like to do in the summer is go out shopping with my friends and 2nd one is reading the book from mum book shelf.

My Oldest Brother: Oh,um I never thought about that, but I do like playing cricket in summer with the boys and 2nd I think is playing rugby down at the Pt England beach

That's about it to day, but there's more tomorrow!!

Thank you!!😁😁😁
Leilani-Romano
2 more days till Christmas!!!! Yayyyy🎄🎅🎅🎅

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for sharing Leilani. It's super interesting to read about your wonderful family and their interests and hobbies. I like that your brother likes to play cricket down at the beach - sounds like me!

    What two facts would you write about yourself?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leilani,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've been working on these activities. Keep it up!

    Wow! What a great job you've done on the first activity! It seems like you have a great family. Supporting each other is one of the most important parts of being in a family, I think. I have 6 people in my family and that's quite enough for me but I can see how having more people in the family would be quite lovely.

    You've also done a great job with your pepeha. Have you written it before? It seems as though you might have! Knowing your pepeha is important because it allows us to acknowledge our ancestors and family. I think it also helps us understand ourselves.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete