Saturday 13 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey: Wk #2 - Day #3 - The Great Depression (The 1930s)

Hellloooo, there my good old friends or should I say my Bloggers!, Let's see what we're up to today, oh yes that's right's blogging again. Hmmm, let's see what activity Miss Leilani is up to today...

Activity #1

Image result for stress pictures*Dealing with Stress

In New Zealand, many people lost their jobs during this decade. Experts predict that as much as 30% of the population was unemployed. It was a very stressful time for families.


Sadly, many of us still experience stress in our lives to this day. When I feel stressed I try to go for a walk or pop into my local gym for a quick workout. Rachel does exercise it makes her feel better.

-------------------------------------
And guess what, EVEN KIDS CAN GET STRESS!. Not only Adults but Children to whether they can do it, or they're trying to do but never works or even when they're way behind  and they need to catch up with study, I think that's quite common in college and High Schools

I think we need a pep-talk on how to get rid of stress or some tips to relax here are some of my things that I would do when I am stressed out is

--------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Go down to the Basin for a Run
  • Listen to some BlueStone Alley my fav piano music EVER!
  • Talk to my kittens outside, while they curl up next to me haha.
  • Eat ALL I want ( But not too much )
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep, those are the things that help me when I'm stressed out, what are things that help you when you stressed, write in the comments
--------------------------------------------------------
Activity #2
*Offering A Helping Hand

During this period, people struggled to find work both here at home and overseas. It was a really tough time for people living in the Great Plains of the United States because they were hit with a huge drought that lasted for most of the decade. Many crops were damaged and farmers were not able to make enough money to feed their families.

I wish I went back all the way to the 1930s and help those families who were struggling, Humm, let me think, Yep, Fundraising that's it. I'll use fundraising to help raise money, here are 3 fundraising ideas I listed:

  1. Brownie Sale: They are the best, reason why is because I know my mum's brownie its and is the best (In my opinion). I love brownie and who doesn't, it would put the brownie on 2$ for 4 large brownies you can have it S, M, Large and only 2$ for 4 brownies, now I would spend my 2$ on that!
  2. Lemonade Stand: I've heard lots of people do this, its kind of cool and now that its summer ever gets a little thirst here and there. While someone jogging running or someone who's just walking need's something to drink, lemonade will just be the right thing, I would be putting the lemonade into the water bottle and we could give out some samples just in case they don't like or they do.
  3. Car-wash Sale: I love cleaning the cars mostly to get wet and yeah, hahahah. I would pay 15$ for a car wash, and 2$ for a vacuum, my friends and family will pitch in to help. This will really raise some money oh what if I add the lemonade stand and the Brownie Sale, spent more that 5$ and what you buy next could be FREE!. Now that's an idea!
Bonus Activity #3
*Paying it forward

In the mid-1930s, things began to change for the better in New Zealand. More people were able to find work and receive a steady paycheck. They were still careful, however, with their money and rarely, if ever, bought treats or gifts for one another.

Rachel said that if she traveled back in the mid - 1930s she would bring blocks of Whittaker’s chocolate, bags of Jet Planes and Pineapple Lumps, healthy food snacks, clothing, and games for the children.
---------------------------------------------------
A treat that I would bring for the children if I time traveled back in the mid - 1930s is...

    Image result for new zealand lollies list
  • Tim Tams & Crunches
  • With some of my fav - Wine Gums
  • And some Marsmallow
  • Peanut Butter Whittaker’s chocolate + some Jaffas
  • Peanut Slab + Toffee pops
  • A little snack peanut mixed with raisin's, hazel, apricots because like c'mon who doesn't like apricots!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's an end for my assignment today... Like always, there's more tomorrow.
Comment below, whats your fav lollies!
Bye,😉 Leilani - Romano




1 comment:

  1. Hi Leilani!

    My name is Ellee, I am another part of the Summer Learning Journey Crew that is commenting on your blogs this summer.

    Wow! What an amazing post, you are a champ with your blogging - I am so impressed!

    Activity One:
    These are some really great suggestions for things to do when you're stressed. Thanks for adding the video for your favourite piano song, I really enjoyed listening to it - it's really relaxing, I get why you would listen to it when you were stressed.

    I like to get some fresh air or listen to music too if I am stressed so I will make sure to add Blue Stone Ally to my playlist!

    Your kittens sound adorable, how old are they? What are their names?

    Activity Two:
    These are great ideas for fundraising! I like the idea of a Brownie-Lemonade stand, yum! I would most definitely come by!
    I also think it would be really clever to combine all of your ideas into one giant fundraising station, very cool.

    Bonus:
    Oh my goodness these are some delicious things to bring back! I loooove Tim Tams and Whittaker's Peanut Butter Chocolate - so good!

    Would you bring back anything else? I think I would like to bring back a IPhone, I think people in the 1930's would freak out if you showed them what it could do...they might even think its magic!

    Keep up the awesome work with your blog Leilani!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete