Friday 17 August 2018

I GRADUATED!!!!

"Today is FINALLY THE DAY!, Okay lani let’s have a quick check!.
Teeth brushed? Check!, Hair Brushed? check!, Clothes neat and tidy? Check!”.
“Now what did I forget?. Oh yeah!. My bag and my rope! Oh wait can’t forget
my mum as well hahah”

Grab my keys and heading into my car, saying my part over and over, again and
again in my head ,making sure not to forget a single thing I say. Ohh and don’t
forget to smile! Remember that Lani!. I hear my phone ringing somewhere in
my car, “Where is my phone?”, looking under my seat “A HA! found you” I pick
up the phone and answer it, its my Best friend Mia ( Were best friends since we
were 4 year old). She calls me saying “Lani!!, you need to hurry up the ceremony is starting really soon and the doors are going to open, Your whole entire families her waiting for you and wow! Are they holding so much gifts your so lucky” I just chuckled and said I was on my way right now.

Now let me pause for a moment and just say that there's going to be a lot of cameras flashing at me and at all my friends as well.
First let me introduce myself, Hi my name is Lani, the year right now is 2026 and today is a very important day, So like I’m in a hurry so bear with me please. (Parking my car right now) so in 2026 a lot has changed in New Zealand right now I’m in the city and…. Lani, Lani, LANI hurry up… Oh sorry that's Mia calling me right now be right back!.......Okay as I was saying before, a lot has changed in New Zealand like teacher finally got better education and teachers striking dropped but the government let the teachers have a week off and now we drink water that’s pink? I know crazy right!!!. Anyways…..I have to go in and get ready right now

( 40 minutes later )
My mum and I are talking in the Auckland university right now. Mums crying with tears of joy and making sure my rope looks tidy. While I’m struggling holding all of my gifts that my family brought.

“She says to me you’ve come this far, now go out there and get what you deserve!. Lani I don’t know what the future holds for you but all I know is that you future will bright and better and happier as ever!. I couldn’t be proud! I love you”
And as she said those words I cried my tears pouring out, she said stop crying your gonna ruin your makeup, I thanked my mum for everything she did! She always been by my side until this very day and I’m so lucky to have her. As I said
I go into the Auckland.U and the ceremony starts!, and the doors open, my whole family and friend start taking picture of and tagging me in there Instagram (hopefully!). I walk through the door lined up!, and as my turn came I went on stage took a deep breath and started my speech. I shared some great memories I had with my friend and how the bad thing turn into good things, I also told some embarrassing stuff me and my friends did and then every cheered for me as I grabbed my certificate with pride and heading off stage happy as ever my mum gave me a hug and I was so happy.
So now you know. Today is the day that I graduated University, Well you can go off now my future is waiting for me. Then we turned around looking proud at my parents and then throw my hat to them.
THE END! - By leilani

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leilani,

    What a lovely piece of writing! I thought it was so funny that the water is pink in 2026 and it was lovely to hear that things got better for us teachers. I really enjoyed reading this piece of writing as it is so exciting graduating from university! What do you think you studied while you were there? I hope you come back to this piece of writing in 2026 and compare it to your real experience graduating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Leilani!

    You have a lovely piece of writing there Leilani! I really liked that part where you talk about your mum being proud of you. Hopefully this will actually happen in the future for you. This piece of writing is really awesome.

    From Petea! :)

    ReplyDelete