Monday 18 July 2016

My Rio sport

My sport that I picked was: Badminton

Badminton is a racquet sport played using racquets to hit a shuttle across a net. The aim of the game is that there are two teams with 2 players in the team, the other team has to try and get there shuttle over to land at there opponents side so they can get a earn points.

The rules in badminton are:

  • A match consists of the best of 3 games of 21 points.
  • Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored.







  • 2 comments:

    1. Good morning Leilani!

      You are the first person to choose badminton as a sport and I'm so glad that you have. It is one of my all-time favourite sports. I used to play badminton when I was in high school. In fact, I played both singles badminton and mixed-doubles. For mixed doubles I was paired up with my friend Gavin. We played against other boy-girl teams and we had a great time! Unfortunately, we rarely won but we had a great time trying :)

      Speaking of trying, have you ever tried playing badminton? It's pretty fun!

      Keep up the great work with you blogging and your commenting. I love reading through other student's posts and coming across your positive, thoughtful and helpful comments. Thanks for taking the time to show support and interest in your classmates/school mates. That is wonderful!

      Cheers, Rachel :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Rachel, I loved badminton and at school every Tuesday my teacher Mr Buchanan choses some people to go to badminton its really fun for me and my friend and me have to try and hit the shuttle 10 times without letting it drop on the ground its a fun game to play. Have you every played in a completion before in high school?.

      ReplyDelete