Tuesday 12 July 2016

The Ancient Olympics

 
  1. Pentathlon – an event where athletes had to compete in five separate activities – running, long jump, discus, javelin and wrestling. Javelin is a sport where an athlete throws a long sword-like spear as far as they can. Discus is similar to javelin but, instead of throwing a spear, the athlete throws a flat disc.                                     

 
I have chosen the sport pentathlon because my mum loved to play it back in her country and because it sounds really fun to play.

1 comment:

  1. Good choice of sport, Leilani. I am intrigued to read that your mother used to participate in pentathlon in her home country. Where is she from? I don't think that I have ever met anyone who was a pentathlete before. That is very cool!

    Was your mum able to tell you anything about the sport? What was her favourite part of the competition? If I was in the pentathlon I think that I would most enjoy the discus or javelin throwing. What about you?

    I hope that you will continue to share your great blogs with us this holiday. I am really enjoying them (and I'm learning a lot)!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete